Monday, November 09, 2015

Scoops N Scoops: New Vegan Option in Orange County, CA


Scoops N Scoops Creamery started following me on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. I was grateful for the follow, but was curious to why a ice cream shop would want to follow someone who's profile has "vegan" in the description. I thought to myself, there must be a reason.

Turns out they have vegan ice cream! At Scoops N Scoops you create your own ice cream creations with liquid nitrogen. The day I received their follow was the day I stepped into their shop. I didn't know that liquid nitrogen was used to create the ice cream. & I didn't know much about liquid nitrogen for consumption but I tried it anyway. (I was excited for a vegan option!) Turns out liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the ingredients quickly. Liquid nitrogen is safe to create ice cream with, it just needs to be completely evaporated before consumption.

There are so many ways to create custom creations, so the menu can be a little overwhelming at first. But the costumer service at Scoops N Scoops is great. They can easily point you in the right direction or suggest their "iconic creations." I had the Almond Date Iconic Creation. It was delicious and didn't feel that indulgent because there was fruit in it along with it's coconut base. My aunt also made her own custom creation with the coffee flavor and almonds. Very creative! & she gave it a good review.

I definitely loved my time at Scoops N Scoops. It's an adorbale creamery with really great costumer service. They also have a punch card so I'll be back for a vegan root beer float

- Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment