Sunday, December 20, 2015

3 Delicious Vegan Winter Comfort Food Recipes

If you've been watching my Vlogmas videos, you'd see that I am greatly interested in Twitter chats. (I need to write a blog post telling you guys more about them in detail!) One of my favorite Twitter chats is #VeganFoodChat which convenes Sunday evenings for an open discussion & Wednesday evenings for a themed discussion.

I am so bummed I missed last Wednesday's chat because the subject matter was Winter Comfort Food Recipes! (Watch a replay of the chat here.) I had some recipes to share during that chat, so I figure I can share them with you here.
My first thought when it comes to vegan winter comfort food is vegan mac n cheese. I have a whole pinboard dedicated vegan cheese recipes! Out of laziness whenever I have a vegan cheese craving that needs an easy fix, I eat Amy's Kitchen Dairy Free Rice Mac & Cheeze (be sure you pick up the vegan one, because there is more than one version). It is super yummy & surprisingly good for a microwave food. I always try to add kale or veggies to it to make it a little more healthy. I've also tried Oh She Glows' Vegan Pumpkin Mac 'n Cheeze Sauce a handful of times & it was delicious! But I definitely have a hankering to try Minimalist Baker's Vegan Green Chili Mac N Cheese (pictured above). I'm sure it will be a crowd favorite! The green chilis intrigue me!
Let's switch gears to something as comforting as mac n cheese, french fries. I have not had poutine yet, but Fettle Vegan's Lord Stanley's Vegan Poutine makes my mouth water. Looking forward to trying this recipe. Not only will it be my first time making gravy, but my first time trying Teese Mozzarella!
This last recipe I am VERY familiar with. Oh She Glows' 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta. In California, avocados are always in season so I apologize if this recipe doesn't work for you in the winter, but definitely give this recipe a try when you can! This delicious dish can really come together in 15 minutes and I can assure you that everyone will love it. This recipe yields for 2 portions but doubling it is not a problem. Need I say more? Avocados. Make it tonight.

I hope these recipes serve some inspiration when you want some yummy winter comfort food. You won't be disappointed, I'm sure. Which one sounds good to you? Feeling hungry? Let me know if you try any of these recipes & I'll let you know when I do!

- Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment